[OT] Pigs Fly --a rose by any other name...

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Aug 2 21:20:11 EDT 2005

Bill Vlahos wrote:

> The only real concern I have is in the feedback to the user of  actions.
> A nice tactile feel and click is a good thing. I've never  really liked
> the idea of sounds (like from a little speaker in the  mouse) as the
> only feedback. We will have to try it to see.

I'm with you on that Bill! Not having any feedback, or click sensation,
would IMO really make things difficult. Perhaps there's something else
to the experience once you've tried it.

As an Industrial Designer in a former life, I've spent a bit of time
with HF testing labs and can say w/out a doubt, Apple's interface
hardware products rarely scored above average. They always scored high
in the 'cool factor.' One year I was asked by Business Week to be a
judge for their annual design issue, and I believe we awarded Apple 2 or
3 prizes. But it was mostly for style, not substance.

-Chipp