Windows Event run Rev app ?

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Fri Aug 12 22:32:00 EDT 2005

Michael

shellcity.com has what you need

there's an evtdump also on sysinternals or the restoolkit.

psloglist.exe from sysinternals does a good job with plenty of options

you call it using the shell command.

Usage: psloglist [\\computer[,computer2[,...] | @file] [-u username [-p
password]]] [-s [-t delimiter]] [-m #|-n #|-d #|
-h #|-w][-c][-x][-r][-a mm/dd/yy][-b mm/dd/yy] [-f filter] [-i ID,[ID,...]]
| -e ID,[ID,...]] [-o event source[,event so
urce[,...]]] [-q event source[,event source[,...]]] [[-g|-l] event log file]
<event log>

     @file     Psloglist will execute the command on each of the computers
               listed in the file.
     -a        Dump records timestamped after specified date.
     -b        Dump records timestamped before specified date.
     -c        Clear event log after displaying.
     -d        Only display records from previous n days.
     -e        Exclude events with the specified ID or IDs (up to 10).
     -f        Filter event types, using starting letter
               (e.g. "-f we" to filter warnings and errors).
     -g        Export an event log as an evt file. The can only be used
               with the -c switch (clear log).
     -h        Only display records from previous n hours.
     -i        Show only events with the specified ID or IDs (up to 10).
     -l        Dump the contents of the specified saved event log file.
     -m        Only display records from previous n minutes.
     -n        Only display n most recent records.
     -o        Show only records from the specified event source or sources
               (e.g. "-o cdrom").
     -p        Specifies password for user name.
     -q        Omit records from the specified event source or sources
               (e.g. "-q cdrom").
     -r        Dump log from least recent to most recent.
     -s        Records are listed on one line each with delimited
               fields, which is convenient for string searches.
     -t        The default delimiter for the -s option is a comma,
               but can be overriden with the specified character. Use "\t"
               to specify tab.
     -u        Specifies optional user name for login to
               remote computer.
     -w        Wait for new events, dumping them as they generate (local
system
               only.)
     -x        Dump extended data.
     eventlog  Specifies event log to dump. Default is system. If the
               -l switch is present then the event log name specifies
               how to interpret the event log file.

cheers
Xavier