char-in-menu question

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Sat Aug 13 09:39:15 EDT 2005

I need to include an ampersand -- numToChar(38) -- in the text of one
menuItem associated with a button. I've put it there, and I can check
it in the message box (put char 10 of the last line of text of btn
"MyButton") -- but it doesn't show up in the menu itself.

I need a double-quote mark, an ampersand, and another double-quote. I
just get two double-quotes with nothing in between. How do I persuade
the ampersand to show up? It doesn't seem to have a constant, like
"quote". Do I need to insert an escape character in the text of the
menu item? Which?

Charles Hartman