CGI Advice

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Mon Aug 22 16:45:55 EDT 2005

Hello everyone,

     I'm finally starting on my first Rev CGI project after a number
of false starts and the usual delays.

     I have some basic CGIs successfully invoking scripts in a stack,
and I have a question concerning the storage of data.  Do you think
it is better to store data, for example, student class lists, as a
fields in the stack or as a text files?  All of the lists that will
be created will be editable by students or by me and none will be
longer than, say, 50,000 lines.  I'm also interested in your thoughts
on how to avoid update anomalies, that is, where data is being
updated by more than one student at the same time.  I was thinking
about a "busy" variable of some sort.

     Regards,

         Greg

     Gregory Lypny